Welcome to Abilene, Kansas — End of the Chisholm Trail!
Save the Date to Celebrate! Labor Day Weekend 2017
Come and enjoy the wildest and woolliest weekend since 1867! Celebrate the 150th Chisholm Trail Anniversary with activities great for the whole family, including:
Don’t miss Red Steagall coming back to Abilene, Kansas! Click for his website for more information.
One of Branson’s biggest Western music group, Sons of the Pioneers are the first and best of the whole genre! Click for their website for more information.
Michael Martin Murphey is best known for a genre busting career that includes topping the Pop, Country, Bluegrass and Western Music charts. Click for his website for more information.
And more to come!
- Saturday morning “Saddle Up, Let’s Ride!” parade
- An authentic longhorn cattle drive
- Free kids Buckaroo Camp with stick horse races, rope a steer, and more!
- Cowboy poets, storytellers, and Western music
- Chisholm Trail Classic Auto Show
- Be photoed with a longhorn
- Blacksmiths, silversmiths, and historic artisans
- Native American educational exhibition
- Buffalo soldiers, cavalry, and arena-style demonstrations
- A re-enactment of the first rail shipment of longhorns
- Have a true Cowboy meal at the Chuckwagon breakfast
- Visit the Bull’s Head Saloon and try your hand at Texas Hold’Em
- Attend Cowboy Church service
- And more!
Check back with us soon to discover what more great things are planned!