Welcome to Abilene, Kansas- End of the Chisholm Trail!
Save the Date to Celebrate! Labor Day Weekend 2017
Come and enjoy the wildest and woolliest weekend since 1867! Celebrate the 150th Chisholm Trail Anniversary with activities great for the whole family, including:
- Chisholm Trail Classic Auto Show
- Saturday morning “Saddle Up, Let’s Ride!” parade
- An authentic longhorn cattle drive
- Free kids Buckaroo Camp with stick horse races, rope a steer, and more!
- Cowboy poets, storytellers, and Western music
- Old fashioned “Melordrama” about the Chisholm Trail
- Pick the “Real McCoy” Mustache and Western attire costume contest
- Be photoed with Howdy the Longhorn or in vintage cowboy tags
- A re-enactment of the first rail shipment of longhorns
- Have a true Cowboy meal at the Chuckwagon breakfast
- Championship Fast Draw Competition
- Visit the Bull’s Head Saloon and try your hand at Texas Hold’Em
- Native American Cultural Demonstration
- Attend Cowboy Church service
- And more!
Check back with us soon to discover what more great things are planned!